- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rambo is set to arrive on the Croisette, with Sylvester Stallone added to Cannes’ official selection to present a restored version of the 1982 action classic and preview the first images of the latest installment in the film franchise.
Stallone is bringing back his iconic character 37 years later in Rambo V: Last Blood, which is set to hit theaters Sept. 20. The sequel co-stars Paz Vega and Oscar Jaenda and is directed by Adrien Grunberg.
The restored copy of Rambo has a French connection: It is backed by StudioCanal and completed by Eclair in Paris. The pic is set for a gala screening May 24.
The last time Stallone was in Cannes, he brought along his Expendables 3 co-stars, including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson, Jason Statham and Antonio Banderas, and rode two tanks down the Croisette before parking them in front of the famed Carlton hotel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day