- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Dwayne Johnson had a little fun at his own expense when he shared a new teaser for his upcoming action film Rampage.
Based on the classic 1980s video game of the same title, Johnson (in a gym, naturally) promised his audience a “bad-ass” look at himself in the film. The problem? The following clip was just him fleeing from a monster with text that also notes he is running away.
“What the [bleep] was that?!” the actor says to someone off-camera. “You can’t put up the graphic ‘I’m running for my life!’ The world is watching this. I’m the most bad-ass movie star on the planet. I have a reputation to protect.”
Johnson then demanded the “no fear” clip be shown.
In the subsequent clip, he is clearly scared, saying, “Oh, shit.”
Cutting back to a deadpan face, Johnson says, “Just… You’re going to have the time of your life. Enjoy Rampage.”
The Warner Bros. film is set to be released April 13. Rampage revolves around a monstrously transformed gorilla (Jason Liles), crocodile and wolf that terrorize a city. Johnson, who plays primatologist Davis Okoye, is the only one who can stop them.
Check out the new teaser, below.
And when I say bad ass, I’m talkin’ ‘bout bad aaaazzzz.. wait.. hold on.. not that clip dude. #RAMPAGE #NoFear #OhShit
WORLDWIDE APRIL 13th pic.twitter.com/mGSHltPZO1
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) March 12, 2018
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day