- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ray Liotta is the most recent actor to join the cast of the crime thriller Cogan’s Trade.
Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Javier Bardem, Sam Rockwell, Casey Affleck, Mark Ruffalo, Vincent Curatola and Richard Jenkins also star in writer-director Andrew Dominik‘s adaptation of the 1974 George V. Higgins novel.
Pitt’s Jackie Cogan is a professional enforcer who must investigate a heist that took place during a high-stakes poker game under protection of the mob. Liotta will play Mark “Markie” Trattman, the unfortunate hustler who runs the game in a motel room and finds things only going downhill from there.
The Weinstein Co. and Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment are producing the project, which will begin shooting in New Orleans later this month for an early 2012 release.
Repped by UTA and Untitled Entertainment, Liotta recently appeared in the Sundance premieres The Son of No One and The Details. He will next appear in the Universal comedy Wanderlust, which hits theaters in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day