- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Raymond Cruz is ready to flex his horror muscles.
The Breaking Bad actor has been cast in The Children, a New Line horror film directed by Michael Chaves.
The film follows a social worker investigating the disappearance of two children, and soon learns her own family may too be in danger. Cruz will play Catholic priest turned shaman and he joins a cast that includes Linda Cardellini, Sean Patrick Thomas and Patricia Velasquez.
Cruz is known for playing deranged drug dealer Tuco Salamanca on Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, as well as Det. Julio Sanchez on TNT’s Major Crimes.
James Wan, Emile Gladstone and Gary Dauberman are producing The Children, with Michael Clear executive producing. The film was written by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis.
The Children comes as New Line continues to be a juggernaut in the horror space, with Stephen King’s It setting a new bar for horror films, having grossed more than $607 million worldwide to become the top grossing horror movie of all time. Meanwhile, August’s Annabelle: Creation helped put Wan’s The Conjuring franchise past $1 billion at the box office.
Cruz is represented by Raphael Berko and Media Artists Group.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin