- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES — There can be only two?
RCR Media Group has come aboard to co-finance Summit Entertainment’s reboot of Highlander, which Neal H. Moritz’s Original Films is producing and Justin Lin, hot off Fast Five, is set to direct. Mortiz and Peter Davis are producing the project, while RCR execs Rui Costa Reis and Eliad Josephson will serve as executive producers.
“Highlander is a property that is known around the world, and Summit’s re-imagination is sure to appeal to both existing and new fans of the Highlander lore,” said Reis.
Based on the 1986 film, Highlander follows an immortal Scottish swordsman who must do epic battle with the last of his kind, a brutal barbarian.
Iron Man co-writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway originally wrote the new film’s screenplay, which Twilight scribe Melissa Rosenberg was recently hired to work on, as well.
RCR, which retains a deal with Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions to finance a slate of films, has Quarantine 2: Terminal and Jack and Diane forthcoming.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day