- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Batman v Superman may have brought both Gotham and Metropolis together on the big screen for the first time, but now those cities will have a real-world presence — thanks to Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.
The theme park has revealed plans for six themed worlds that are going to populate it. Here are the areas:
Metropolis and Gotham City
These two areas are inspired by the DC Comics universe, and will feature skyscrapers befitting some of its larger-than-life superheroes. The concept art (above) shows off a Joker presence as well.
Cartoon Junction, Bedrock, and Dynamite Gulch
These three areas will draw from Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera, and characters such as Bugs Bunny and Scooby-Doo will be walking around.
Warner Bros. Plaza
This area draws from old Hollywood and the era in which these characters were first created.
Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is slated to open in 2018 and is located on Yas Island. Warner Bros. is working with Miral on the project, which will encompass 1.65 million square feet and feature 29 rides, shows and attractions.
Take a closer look at the concept art here:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day