- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rebel Wilson is set to star in a genderbent remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Steve Martin and Michael Caine starred in the 1988 comedy as two con men, one unsophisticated and one suave, in the French Riviera who join forces to swindle a supposed heiress.
MGM’s modern-day reimagining, to be penned by Jac Schaeffer, will star two female scam artists who team-up to bamboozle a tech prodigy out of his earned fortune.
Wilson is also set to produce the project along with Roger Birnbaum, who will produce under his Pin High Productions banner.
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is not the only ‘80s remake that the actress will headline. Wilson will take on Goldie Hawn’s role in a remake of the comedy Private Benjamin, from The Mark Gordon Company.
Wilson was recently in the ensemble rom-com How to Be Single and is set to reprise her role of “Fat Amy” in the third installment of the Pitch Perfect franchise, which is due out Dec. 22, 2017.
Wilson is repped by WME and Sloane Offer. Schaeffer is repped by Verve and Writ Large.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day