- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon and Erich Hoeber, the sibling screenwriting team behind the Red action franchise, have been tapped to get Sony’s adaptation of racing video game Gran Turismo back on track.
The duo will work with Joseph Kosinski, the filmmaker behind the sci-fi movies Oblivion and Tron: Legacy, who is on board to direct the feature project.
Plot details are under wraps but the story is said to play with the conceit of a gamer-turned-racer.
Michael De Luca, Dana Brunetti, Josh Bratman, DeVon Franklin and Elizabeth Cantillon are producing.
The Hoebers are one of the more prominent writing teams in town in the action sphere, having written Red and its sequel, Red 2, both of which starred Bruce Willis and John Malkovich. The duo recently set up the property as a TV series at NBC.
The Hoebers wrote the big budget Battleship, worked on the upcoming Vin Diesel supernatural action movie The Last Witch Hunter, and gave a fresh coat of paint to the Henson Company’s long-gestating puppet murder mystery that was recently picked up by STX.
They are repped by Verve.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival