- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Miller is a DreamWorks Animation vet who wrote and directed the studio’s Puss in Boots, for which he earned an Oscar nomination for best animated feature, and Shrek the Third, the third installment in the popular franchise. The titles generated a combined gross of nearly $1.4 billion.
The storyline for the Reel FX project is being kept under wraps, but the studio revealed that it will take place in both “the real world and a world of mythical creatures where human wishes are heard and dealt with.”
Reel FX is currently in production on its next original feature with Paramount Animation and Walden Media based on the kids’ graphic novel Monster on the Hill, which is set to be released in 2020. It’s also a vendor on Warner Animation Group’s Scooby Doo, slated for 2020.
Reel FX employs roughly 300 staffers across its Hollywood, Dallas and Montreal locations, with an additional ramp-up of 100 planned for Montreal over the next year. Its work includes The Book of Life, directed by Jorge Gutierrez and produced alongside Guillermo del Toro for Twentieth Century Fox.
Miller is represented by Verve and Weintraub Tobin.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day