- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story follows Sam Bloom, a Sydney-based mother of three who, following an accident, becomes paralyzed from the chest down and receives help from an unlikely source — a magpie named Penguin that helps the family adjust to Sam’s new condition.
New York Times best-selling author Bradley Trevor Greive wrote Penguin Bloom, which features photographs from Sam’s husband, Cameron.
Watts is set to star in the feature, which also is being produced by Aussie-based producer Emma Cooper.
Penguin Bloom will film in Australia. The production is still looking for a screenwriter and a director.
Even though Witherspoon and Papandrea have gone separate ways as producing partners under their Pacific Standard banner, which is responsible for hits like Gone Girl and Wild, the duo are still set to produce a number of projects they have in development. This includes an adaptation of Jessica Knoll’s Luckiest Girl Alive.
Watts will next be seen in Colin Trevorrow’s The Book of Henry and will star opposite Brie Larson in the adaptation of The Glass Castle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day