- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Of the fan support, Witherspoon told Entertainment Tonight: “I think it’s incredible because as movie actors we sort of work isolated and we don’t get to see fans as often, so it’s a nice experience to actually get to meet some of them and know they’re excited for the film.”
Added Pattinson: “It’s a shock to the system. I was just thinking, we finished shooting this a year ago now, and it’s suddenly like, oh yeah, Water for Elephants. It’s like someone slapping you in the face. It’s quite nice.”
In the 20th Century Fox movie, Pattinson plays a veterinary student who joins a traveling circus as their vet after his parents die. Witherspoon plays an equestrian star who catches his eye. Christoph Waltz also stars as Witherspoon’s twisted animal-trainer husband.
The movie, based on Sara Gruen’s best-selling novel, opens April 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day