- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Seoul-headquartered CJ 4DPLEX has signed a letter of intent with Regal Entertainment Group to bring CJ’s 4DX 4D cinema system to 17 new Regal screens in the U.S. by the end of 2018. Details of the agreement were not revealed.
CJ’s 4DX cinema system includes motion-activated seats and such effects as wind, fog, rain and scents.
The deal calls for the installation of 4DX systems in Orlando, Fla., and Seattle within the next few months and will bring the total number of 4DX-enabled Regal screens in the U.S. to 20. The latest pact follows openings of 4DX screens in New York at Union Square Stadium 14 and E-Walk Stadium 13 & RPX earlier this year. The first 4DX theater in the U.S. opened at Regal’s L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles in 2014.
“With the continued success of our New York and Los Angeles locations, we are excited to partner with CJ 4DPLEX to expand this immersive experience to additional Regal Cinemas throughout the country,” Rob Del Moro, Regal’s chief technical and theater operations officer, said Monday in a statement.
4DX cinema systems currently operate in 268 theaters in 41 countries.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day