- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Regal Entertainment Group has inked a deal with Concourse Media to distribute Concourse-developed Moviebill, a sort of augmented reality-based Playbill for the movie industry.
Each Moviebill will promote one featured film. According to Concourse, all of the major film studios are working with the company to provide exclusive AR experiences related to behind-the-scenes footage, deleted scenes, games, talent commentary and other features.
The inaugural edition will be announced later this year for a planned 2018 launch.
“Moviebill provides an experience for moviegoers that helps bring the movie to life and promotes a deeper connection to the movies in our theatres,” Regal CMO Ken Thewes said Monday in a statement. “We chose to incorporate Moviebill because it continues our goal of enhancing the moviegoing experience, giving movie fans more of what they want directly in their hands.”
A cast section of Moviebill will activate content from IMDb, Concourse said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day