- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hall was previously attached as an executive producer, but now will also star in the movie that centers on a woman who gets the chance to relive the carefree life of her younger self (Martin), when the pressures of adulthood become too much.
Drumline scripter Tina Gordon is attached to direct. Tracy Oliver penned the first draft of the screenplay, based on Martin’s idea, with Camilla Blackett (Fresh Off the Boat, New Girl) working on a rewrite of the latest draft from Gordon.
Will Packer and James Lopez, who worked with Hall on the box-office hit Girls Trip, are set to produce via the Universal-based Will Packer Productions, alongside Black-ish creator Kenya Barris. Martin will executive produce, with Hall and Josh Martin.
Erik Baiers and Mika Pryce are overseeing the project for the studio.
Hall, who is repped by ICM, Artists First and Stone Genow, will next be seen in the upcoming YA adaptation The Hate U Give and is set for a role in the Shaft sequel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day