- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Exclusive Media was previously behind the movie but since its disintegration, parent company Investment Strategies B.V. has moved it to subsidiary Dasym.
The newly launched sales company Bloom, run by former Exclusive exec Alex Walton as well as Ken Kao, now is running point on the film at Cannes.
Harlin replaces Sam Fell, who directed the animated film Paranorman and was to make his live-action debut on the English-language action comedy.
The story, based on an idea by Chan, centers on a good cop (Chan) whose niece (Fan Bingbing) gets into trouble with a crime syndicate run by a man the detective has been chasing for a decade. The cop is forced to track down the one person who can help save the niece — a fast-talking American gambler (Scott) — and bring him to Hong Kong.
Production is to begin in August.
Talent International and Dasym Entertainment will produce along with Chan, Esmond Ren, Charlie Coker, Damien Saccani and David Gerson.
Harlin is the director behind such action films as Die Hard 2, Long Kiss Goodbye and this year’s Legend of Hercules, which starred Kellan Lutz. He is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day