- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tracking good and bad weeks in the entertainment business.
UP David O. Russell
The Fighter director scored his first DGA Award nom (along with Darren Aronofsky, David Fincher, Tom Hooper and Christopher Nolan), boosting his Oscar chances.
DOWN Dick Meyer
NPR News’ executive editor apologized after NPR falsely reported that Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords had died in the Jan. 8 shooting, which was picked up by Fox News, CNN and others.
UP Mitch Singer
The Sony digital exec heads the group pushing Ultraviolet DRM technology, which got a summer launch date at CES. Studios are closer to a consumer-friendly standard for protecting content online.
UP SallyAnn Salsano
The Season 3 premiere of the producer’s Jersey Shore is MTV’s highest-rated series telecast ever.
Shares near a 10-year high as analyst Richard Greenfield raises his target price to $50, thanks to Tangled and high hopes for June’s Cars 2.
DOWN National Cinema
In-theater ad firm faces tough comparisons this quarter owing to Avatar a year ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival