- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Umbrella Corporation has released the first trailer for the fifth installment of its Resident Evil franchise: Retribution.
In the film, the zombie-killing commences, with Alice (Milla Jovovich) on a mission to hunt down the people responsible for creating a deadly T-virus outbreak.
However, the trailer released to the web reveals very little about Alice’s present-day existence. Yes, there are guns, hand-to-hand combat, explosions and overall action. But, the one minute and 17 second trailer opens with what seems to be a Sony “My World” commercial, before bringing the viewer to Alice, whose world seems to be one existing before the T-virus spread, turning most of the world into zombies.
The trailer is chock-full of flashbacks, leading one to believe this film will reveal details about Alice’s past. Michelle Rodriguez also appears, returns to the franchised as the beloved as Rain Ocampo.
Resident Evil: Retribution 3D, directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, opens Sept. 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day