- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the March 4 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.
She was the breakout star of 2015. And although she didn’t even get a screen credit, her brutal scene with Leonardo DiCaprio’s Hugh Glass in The Revenant was a heart-stopper. Desperate to save her cubs from the invading trapper, she lumbered out of the woods and took DiCaprio by surprise, tossing him around like a rag doll, seemingly leaving him for dead, and then coming back and working him over all over again.
The notorious scene triggered lots of Internet chatter. There were scurrilous online rumors that she’d actually molested her leading man as well as claims from visual effects artists at Industrial Light & Magic that they actually had a hand in orchestrating the bear’s attacks.
But there was no denying that a true star had been born, and with that in mind, illustrator Tim Tomkinson imagined what this big bad mama’s first visit to Hollywood could look like.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day