- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
LONDON — Ricci Harnett, who portrayed real-life gangster Carlton Leach in Rise of the Footsoldier, is making his directorial debut and starring as Leach again in Reign of the General, based on the story of the soccer hooligan turned underworld kingpin.
Harnett, directing his own script, has coralled Luke Mably (Exam), Nabil Elouahabi (Zero Dark Thirty), Slaine Kelly (Sket), Andy Linden (The Business), Joshua Osei (Vendetta), Steven Berkoff (The Krays) and Coralie Rose (Dead Cert) to join him in his cast.
The film is being produced by U.K. independent banner Richwater Films (Vendetta) with CEO Jonathan Sothcott and Neil Jones producing.
Reign of the General is shooting on location in East London and Essex and in Europe.
Richwater’s next release is Top Dog in May. The film, from actor-turned-director Martin Kemp (The Krays), also stars Harnett.
Sothcott said: “Carlton has been incredibly supportive and helpful and is a lovely guy to work with, and I am seriously impressed by Ricci’s commitment and ability.”
Richwater’s upcoming slate includes We Still Kill the Old Way, Vendetta 2, Age of Kill and Renegades.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day