- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The original 1974 buddy comedy starred Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby as two friends who visit a high-end, underworld nightclub, where they get robbed and have to go searching for a winning lottery ticket.
Black-ish creator Kenya Barris wrote the most recent draft of the remake, and will produce.
Will Smith, who at one time was circling the project as a possible starring vehicle, is set to produce via his Overbrook banner with James Lassiter. Hart and John Cheng will also produce through their HartBeat banner.
Girls Trip director Malcolm D. Lee was previously in talks to direct the Warner Bros. project. Lee is currently directing Space Jam 2, starring LeBron James, having taken over for Terence Nance.
Famuyiwa, whose credits include Dope and Confirmation, recently directed an episode of the highly anticipated Star Wars series The Mandalorian for Disney+. He is repped by WME, Oasis Media Group and Del Shaw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day