- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Ricky Gervais has finally agreed to return as host to the Golden Globes, as long as he has Charlie Sheen by his side.
“I will host The Golden Globes again,” he wrote on his blog Tuesday. “AAND the Emmys, AND the Oscars if I can do it with Charlie Sheen. I mean it.”
The format would be nontraditional. While there would be gags and intros to presenters as normal, the bulk of the show would focus on the outspoken actor who continued his media blitz on Tuesday.
“After each acceptance speech I’d just chat to Charlie, who would just be sitting in an arm chair smoking,” wrote Gervais. “He’d just say what’s on his incredible mind.”
“It would be f—ing amazing.”
Gervais urged members of the public to help him should they see Sheen conducting one of his many interviews.
“Tell him he’s got a new job,” he wrote.
Gervais ripped Charlie Sheen during his infamous Golden Globes appearance from the first moment onstage.
“It’s going to be a night of partying and heavy drinking — or, as Charlie Sheen calls it, breakfast,” the comedian quipped at the start of the show. “Wow, so let’s get this straight, so what he did was, he picked up a porn star, paid her to have dinner with him, introduced her to his ex-wife — as you do — went to a hotel, got drunk, got naked, trashed the place while she was locked in a cupboard, and that was a Monday. What does he do New Year’s Eve?”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day