- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Young Hollywood and Momentum Entertainment Group plan to jointly launch a channel that will debut next April focused on celebrity and athlete buzz in Rio, timed to coincide with next summer’s FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Rio and other cities across Brazil.
In addition to being a standalone channel accessible via younghollywood.com, the content will live on multiple platforms and be syndicated across the web.
Young Hollywood syndicates its content to several media partners, including YouTube (an original channel partner), Hulu, Yahoo!, AOL and numerous mobile and broadcast television outlets.
“There’s an untold story of the World Cup celebrity experience that Young Hollywood will tell,” said Young Hollywood founder/CEO RJ Williams.
MEG, an Interpublic company, is the content development and production division of Momentum Worldwide. Said Momentum chairman and CEO Chris Weil of the agreement, “Our collaboration with Young Hollywood is an exciting move for Momentum as we partner to pioneer new channels, inventive content, innovative brand opportunities and international connections with audiences passionate about celebrities and sports.”
At press time it was not clear if channel programming would extend to 2016, when Rio hosts the Olympic Games.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day