- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The heavy-metal star has directed seven features, most recently 31, which premiered at Sundance last year. His other movies include 2003 directorial debut House of 1000 Corpses and 2005 follow-up The Devil’s Rejects, the 2007 re-imagining of John Carpenter’s Halloween and its sequel, and 2012’s The Lords of Salem.
Zombie went on to co-author a New York Times best-selling novel based on the latter’s original story. He also created a comic book series, The Haunted World of El Superbeasto, which he adapted into an R-rated animated feature.
Zombie has gone beyond horror in his television work, which includes directing two EPIX comedy specials. He also has directed dozens of music videos, becoming the first self-directed artist to win an MTV Video Music Award. As frontman of White Zombie as well as a solo artist, he has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide and received seven Grammy nominations.
Zombie continues to be managed by Tony Ciulla of Ciulla Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day