- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With The Judge hitting theaters, Robert Downey Jr. continues to be peppered with questions about his superhero alter ego as he makes the rounds on the talk show circuit.
On Tuesday’s The Late Show, David Letterman pressed Downey for information on his future as Iron Man — specifically if he would be suiting up for a fourth film.
Downey balked, teasing that he believes Marvel will have an announcement about his future as Iron Man.
“They do have a plan, and I think they’re going to announce — they’re very secretive about it,” he told Letterman.
When pressed for a definitive answer on if he’d be doing Iron Man 4, Downey had this to say:
“Just between us, no — but I’m going to do other stuff with Marvel. I’m still going to be involved with Marvel, and there’s going to be plenty of other fun stuff.”
That seems to contradict an earlier statement from Downey, who said during an appearance on Ellen, that he was in negotiations for Iron Man 4. Though it’s not really clear from the questioning, as Downey could have been hinting that he would return, just not in the suit. Downey next plays Iron Man in Avengers: Age of Ultron and is signed for a third Avengers.
Let the speculation continue.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day