- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s time to meet the man under the hood, teases the official trailer for Lionsgate’s Robin Hood.
In the film, Robin of Loxley (Taron Egerton) is a crusader who seeks to spark a revolt against the English crown. Determined to inspire commoners to rise up against the corrupt royalty, Robin seeks guidance from his Moorish commander (Jamie Foxx) with whom he endures physical training and begins using his signature bow and arrow.
“You are a crusader. Now you have to be a warrior. You wanted to steal? Now is your time,” Foxx tells Egerton’s Robin, as the film chronicles the origin story of the legendary outlaw.
Foxx and Egerton previewed the teaser trailer during Lionsgate’s CinemaCon presentation last month. “We ain’t got no tights on. This is grown-man business now,” Foxx had warned the audience.
Jamie Dornan, Ben Mendelsohn, Eve Hewson and Tim Minchin also star. Otto Bathurst directed the film, with Academy Award-winner Leonardo DiCaprio serving as producer.
Robin Hood is set to hit theaters Nov. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day