- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first trailer for the long-gestating RoboCop reboot has arrived.
The film, from director Jose Padilha, stars Joel Kinnaman as police officer Alex James Murphy, who is turned into a mostly machine crime fighter after being injured by a car bomb. Unlike in the 1987 Paul Verhoeven original, Murphy is still alive when he’s turned into RoboCop, though he’s suffered burns over 85 percent of his body.
In addition to RoboCop blowing stuff up and fighting crime, the trailer also shows him interacting with his wife (Abbie Cornish) and son (David Murphy), and features plenty of co-stars (Michael Keaton, Gary Oldman and Samuel L. Jackson) saying semi-shady things that indicate they don’t have RoboCop’s best interests at heart.
The film, from Columbia and MGM, hits theaters Feb. 7, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
WGA Awards 2022
The Tragedy of Macbeth