- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
OmniCorp is ready to do some killer business.
More than a year out from the release of MGM and Sony’s Robocop reboot, Omnicorp.com is now live, and gives us an early look at some of the weapons which may be featured in the film, including the updated ED-209 automated security sentry and some deadly looking drones.
Viewers of the original film will remember the ED-209 as the killer robot with the tendency to cause some serious trouble.
The video posted on Omnicorp.com also touts an upcoming innovation which will combine human resources with robotics. Could it be Robocop himself?
The original Paul Verhoeven Robocop explored what happens when corporations run the police and when machines decide who lives and dies. Those themes may resonate even stronger today, in an age in which intelligent drones have become commonplace on real-life battlefields and ethicists have begun debating the use of those machines.
The Robocop reboot stars Joel Kinnaman in the title role, Gary Oldman as his scientist-creator, Samuel L. Jackson as a media mogul, and Hugh Laurie as the CEO of OmniCorp. The film is being helmed by José Padhila and is slated for a summer 2013 release.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day