- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rocky Mountain Pictures has picked up distribution rights to the family drama The 5th Quarter, from writer-director Rick Bieber. The company plans a theatrical release in March, followed by DVD and on-demand exhibition through Fox Home Entertainment.
Aidan Quinn and Andie MacDowell star in the real-life-based story of a college football player who dedicates his coming season to the memory of his 15-year-old younger brother, who was killed in a car accident.In the process, he leads his underdog team to the ACC Championship and rallies his school and family.
“I am very appreciative of the support that Fox has given The 5th Quarter, and am confident that the collaboration of Fox and Rocky Mountain Pictures will be a successful one,” said Bieber. “There are some very important messages expressed by this film, and we’re grateful and thrilled that audiences will have the opportunity to see it.”
Bieber produced the film through his Angel City Pictures, in association with McCreary Entertainment. Jay Cohen of the Gersh Agency negotiated the deal on behalf of Bieber and executive producer Bob J. McCreary.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day