- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
An important moment in the Star Wars mythology has finally been revealed via, of all things, a promotional partnership between Verizon and ILM’s ILMxLAB studio in advance of next month’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Titled Rogue One: Recon, the 360-experience video — which will be available exclusively in Samsung Gear VR Headsets in Verizon stores across the U.S. — reveals the discovery of the Death Star’s existence by the Rebellion for the very first time…even though they have no idea what it is, or why the Empire is being quite so secretive about it.
Notable in the video are mentions of a message being sent to Yavin, and mention of Mon Mothma being informed — two direct connections to Rogue One‘s central plot. Things don’t end too well for the Rebellion in the brief video, but that’s to be expected when faced with the might of an almost fully operational super weapon the size of a moon.
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story opens Dec. 16, which should give the Rebellion the chance to notify the next of kin of the poor X-Wing pilots from this clip.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day