- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is already drumming up Death Star-sized business one day after going on sale.
MovieTickets.com says that the film led the site to the biggest presales day of 2016, and on the site, presales for the first Star Wars standalone sold 90 percent of blockbuster Star Wars: The Force Awakens did on its first day.
Fandago also reported Monday was it’s highest presales day of the year, and its second highest presales day ever, behind Force Awakens.
Rogue One, from director Gareth Edwards, is tracking to open to $130-million-plus range, which would mark the second-biggest December opening of all time behind Force Awakens, which debuted to a record $248 million domestically. It eventually grossed $2.07 billion worldwide.
Rogue One stars Felicity Jones as she leads a group of Rebels to steal the plans for the Death Star. In an interview with Empire published this week, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said that no matter how big a hit Rogue One is, there will be no sequel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Publishing Group