- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Everyone is familiar with the “War” part of Star Wars, but not enough attention is paid to the inhabitants of a galaxy far, far away in their downtime… until now. As part of a new promotional campaign tying into next month’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Gillette puts a human face on the Rebellion.
The campaign — called “Every Story Has A Face” — will include four limited edition gift packs featuring designs for Gillette products featuring Stormtrooper and X-Wing Pilot helmets as well as other familiar iconography from the Star Wars franchise, alongside the Rogue One logo.
To launch the campaign, Gillette teamed with Lucasfilm to create a one minute trailer that begins with a face-off between Rebel and Imperial forces from Rogue One, and then rewinds through time to show how one Rebel soldier arrived at that particular point of his life. It’s a simple sequence that doesn’t offer any plot details for the movie, but nonetheless manages to humanize the background players in a way that Star Wars rarely manages.
More information about the campaign can be found here. Watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day