- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The mission has been revealed, but the Empire stands ready to defend itself against any and all rebellious forces, as the new trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story — unveiled Thursday during Olympic coverage on NBC — makes clear.
The movie, directed by Gareth Edwards, features Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso, the leader of a team tasked with stealing plans for the Death Star ahead of the events of the first Star Wars movie in 1977. Donnie Yen, Forest Whitaker and Diego Luna are amongst her team, with Ben Mendelsohn leading the Imperial charge in response.
James Earl Jones returns as the voice of Darth Vader, his first time voicing the character in a feature film since 2005’s Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith.
There was a bit of a wait for the trailer to drop — it came more than two-and-a-half hours into NBC’s primetime Olympic coverage. Fans on Twitter shared their thoughts on the wait.
— Matt Blundell (@Blundellio) August 12, 2016
— Jeremy Art (@jeremyart) August 12, 2016
— Jared Mecham (@jaredmecham) August 12, 2016
— Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia) August 12, 2016
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be released Dec. 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
the banshees of inisherin