- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scientific Games —a MacAndrews & Forbes portfolio company and sister company to Deluxe — has inked a license agreement for the James Bond franchise, spanning casino, lottery and social/digital gaming. Terms of the multiyear agreement were not disclosed.
The agreement with EON Productions; Danjaq; and MGM Interactive, a subsidiary of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, gives Scientific Games the rights to tap past and future James Bond films, as well as the film’s talent portraying James Bond, according to this morning’s announcement.
Ron Perelman, chairman of Scientific Games’ board of directors and CEO of MacAndrews & Forbes, said in a statement: “We have been excited about this license opportunity for a very long time and are thrilled that [Scientific Games CEO] Kevin Sheehan and his team were able to secure the exclusive licensing rights.”
Added Sheehan: “James Bond is synonymous with action, excitement, and next-generation technology. We look forward to harnessing the power of the Bond brand to drive innovation across the company in the years ahead.”
The company expects to show its first James Bond-themed slot games at the Global Gaming Expo, next October in Las Vegas.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day