- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosemarie DeWitt, who most recently had a memorable run on Showtime’s United States of Tara, is in negotiations to nab the female lead opposite Ben Stiller in Neighborhood Watch, Fox’s comedy being produced by 21 Laps.
Vince Vaughn is already on board the sci-fi comedy, being directed by Akiva Schaffer, and centering on a suburban “neighborhood watch” group that serves as a front for dads to get some male-bonding time away from their families. The group finds itself in over its head when it uncovers a plot to destroy the world.
DeWitt would play Stiller’s wife, who forces the family to move to the ‘burbs.
Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg wrote a recent draft of the script.
The movie is eying a fall shoot in Georgia.
DeWitt, who drew acclaim for her work in Rachel Getting Married, will appear in next year’s Disney drama The Odd Life of Timothy Green. She is repped by ICM and Wishlab.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day