- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – An aspiring Danish ballet dancer who moonlighted as a porn actor has criticized Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet for kicking him out of its dance school.
Jeppe Hansen, 22, beat out a slew of other applicants to gain a scholarship to the institution.
But Hansen said he was forced to withdraw from the program in the spring by prudish school officials after a side job in porn came to light.
“They told me … they didn’t have any space for me because I did porn,” Hansen told CBC News on Monday from New York City, where he now works in adult entertainment full-time under the stage name Jett Black.
Hansen took to Twitter on Tuesday to give out a shout-out to his supporters after his story gained media attention.
“You give me inspiration and pride to be the artist and the person I need to be,” he tweeted.
Veteran Canadian gay filmmaker Bruce LaBruce also reached out to Hansen via his own Twitter account to engage the fledgling porn actor in a future project.
“… Why don’t we do a porn ballet? You star, I’ll direct. Possible title: The Nutcracker,” LaBruce tweeted.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day