- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ruben Fleischer is in discussions to direct Overnight, a family adventure project Neal Moritz is producing for Disney.
The project was initially set up at Columbia/Sony but was put into turnaround, with Disney quietly picking it up a year ago.
Oren Uziel, who worked on 22 Jump Street, wrote the script, which has been described as Home Alone in an FAO Schwarz-esque toy store. Figuring into the plot is an absent-minded, recently divorced father trying to save his relationship with his son — and defuse a hostage situation.
Fleischer has shown an affinity for switching up genres with each movie he’s directed. He gained attention with the 2009 hit Zombieland and followed up with the action comedy 30 Minutes or Less. He last directed 2013’s period crime movie Gangster Squad, which stared Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling.
Fleischer is repped by UTA and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day