- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Harry Potter alum plays The Dead Boys guitarist Cheetah Chrome in the film looking at New York’s punk scene and the famed club.
CBGB was owned by Hilly Kristal, who in the late 1970s strove to create a venue for country, bluegrass and blues music. But after those acts became hard to book, he shifted the club’s focus toward local groups. CBGB was frequented by The Dead Boys and also helped launched the careers of Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones.
Randall Miller directed CBGB and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic and Taylor Hawkins.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Lisa Marie Presley