- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-winning actor Russell Crowe is down under to appear in Thor: Love and Thunder. Crowe is expected to play a small role in Taika Waititi’s film. The actor’s involvement was first suspected when photos surfaced over the weekend of him in Australia with the cast of the Marvel Studios film. Marvel could not be reached for comment.
Waititi previously included some stunt castings in 2017’s Thor: Ragnarok, when a play within the film included Matt Damon as Loki, Chris Hemsworth’s older brother Luke Hemsworth as Thor and Sam Neill as Odin.
Thor: Love and Thunder stars Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Natalie Portman reprising the role of Jane Foster, who will become a Thor, and Tessa Thompson returning as Valkyrie. Christian Bale returns to comic book movies for the first time since The Dark Knight trilogy to play villain Gorr the God Butcher. Stars from the Guardians of the Galaxy films, such as Chris Pratt, are also in the mix.
Crowe, who won an Oscar for 200o’s Gladiator, last appeared on the big screen in the road rage thriller Unhinged.
Thor: Love and Thunder is due out May 6, 2022.
Mrach 29, 1:49 p.m. A previous version misstated the release date of Thor: Love and Thunder. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day