- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel’s fantasy action film grossed 268.1 million rubles ($4.7 million) against Minions’ 273.5 million ($4.8 million). The two leaders were followed by Terminator: Genisys, which has been in theaters since July 2.
The top three releases accounted for 87 percent of the weekend’s total gross, according to the local industry journal ProfiCinema.
With a gross of just under $25 million to date, Minions has become the year’s third-highest-grossing movie after Furious 7 and Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Despicable Me’s prequel already scored an all-time record for the opening weekend, outperforming the previous champion, Furious 7.
The local release Goroskop na udachu (Horoscope for Luck) took fourth place among the weekend’s movies, grossing $561,700. It was followed by the Timur Bekmambetov-produced Cybernatural, which added $333,317 to its gross, which reached $1.5 million.
Hollywood releases accounted for seven movies on the weekend’s top 10 list.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival