- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox’s Deadpool debuted atop the Russian box office, becoming the market’s highest-grossing movie in its opening weekend ever. Ryan Reynolds’ anti-hero pic based on the Marvel comic-book character took in 957.4 million rubles ($13.1 million).
The previous opening-weekend record was set in December by Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens, which grossed $12.3 million, according to data from research company Movie Research.
Kung Fu Panda 3 stayed in the top five for a third weekend running. The latest installment in the animated franchise slipped to second place after two weekends at No. 1, grossing another $1.4 million for a cume of $11.1 million.
Christian Ditter’s comedy How to Be Single debuted in third place, taking in $1 million.
Craig Gillespie’s The Finest Hours slipped to fourth place. The action-drama starring Casey Affleck added another $605,000 for a cume of $2.8 million.
Local movie 30 svidaniy (30 Dates) followed at No. 5 with $308,000, for a gross of $1.2 million to date.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day