- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Russian cinema audiences welcomed the final episode of The Hunger Games franchise, Mockingjay Part 2.
The film nabbed $6.3 million (433 million rubles) over the weekend, adding to the thriller’s worldwide gross that already stands at more than $247 million, according to figures from Russian analysts Movie Research.
The appetite for fresh fantasy and excitement knocked 007 to second place after two weeks at the top for Spectre. The latest in the James Bond franchise took $954,000 (65.4 million rubles) to give it a cumulative $10 million in its three weeks on release in Russia so far.
Local family cartoon, Savva: Heart of the Warrior, executive produced by Fedor Bondarchuk’s Art Pictures Studio, dropped down to third place with $89,000 (61 million rubles).
Billy Ray’s murder thriller, The Secret in Their Eyes, starring Julia Roberts, nabbed $421,000 (28.9 million rubles) in its debut.
Fifth on the chart was another new release, sci-fi comedy Absolutely Anything, starring Kate Beckinsale, Simon Pegg and the late Robin Williams, which took $321,000 (22 million rubles).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day