- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The third installment in the Kung Fu Panda franchise grossed 372.1 million rubles ($5 million) in its opening weekend in theaters, according to data from research company Movie Research.
Dirty Grandpa was able to stay in second place in its second weekend in theaters, but was running noticeably behind the champion. Dan Mazer’s comedy starring Robert De Niro grossed only $850,000. Its cume stands at $2.5 million.
The previous weekend’s champion, The 5th Wave, slipped two positions to third place. J. Blakeson’s action thriller added $675,000 to its gross, which now amounts to $3 million.
Local romantic comedy Status: Svoboden (Status: Free) stayed in fourth place in its second week in theaters. Helmer Pavel Ruminov’s movie took in $470,000, bringing its cume to $1.8 million.
The Revenant fell two positions to fifth place but stayed in the top five for a fourth weekend in a row. Alejandro G. Inarritu’s survival thriller became the first movie to hit a one billion-ruble mark in Russia this year. It added $450,000 to its gross, which now stands at $13.9 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day