- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The spy story’s take exceeded the forecast from Russia’s leading industry journal, Exhibitors’ Bulletin, which predicted that the movie would gross 180 million rubles ($2.7 million).
The previous weekend’s champion Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation was in second place, adding 90 million rubles ($1.4 million) to its gross on its second weekend in theaters.
The Gift debuted in third place with 21 million rubles ($319,500), followed by the year’s highest grossing movie to date, Minions. The spinoff of Despicable Me added another 18.7 million rubles ($284,500) to its total gross.
Irrational Man was in fifth place with 15.2 million rubles ($231,000). This was the worst ever start for a Woody Allen movie in Russia, and it is predicted to become Allen’s first film to gross under $1 million here.
Just like several previous weekends earlier this summer, this one was bad for Russian movies, none of which was able to reach top 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day