- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With a gross of 1.79 billion rubles ($27.5 million) to date, the Despicable Me spinoff surpassed the performance of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which had been in second place among all-time top grossers for more than four years.
Russia’s all-time highest grossing movie, Avatar, raked in 3.6 billion rubles back in 2009, which corresponded to $119.9 million at the exchange rate at that time.
Global Grosses 8/16/15
|1. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation||$63.1M||$373.4M|
|2. Straight Outta Compton||$56.1M||$56.1M|
|3. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.||$25.5M||$25.5M|
|4. Fantastic Four||$24.2M||$102.1M|
|5. Go Away Mr. Tumor||$21.5M||$29.3M|
|9. Inside Out||$13.4M||$667.0M|
|10. Brothers: Blood Against Blood||$13.0M||$13.0M|
A spokesman for NBCUniversal Russia told The Hollywood Reporter that Minions is to be screened on more than 600 screens this weekend and is likely to stay in theaters at least through mid-September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day