- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disney’s animated tentpole Zootopia stayed at the top of the Russian box office for the third consecutive weekend, becoming the No. 1 title of the year thus far and the No. 5 release of all time in Russia with $24.9 million to date.
The pic grossed $3.1 million in its third outing.
The four top-grossing films of all time in Russia are Avatar ($119.9 million), Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides ($63.7 million), Stalingrad ($51.8 million) and Shrek Forever After ($51.6 million).
Two local releases followed Zootopia over the weekend.
Smeshariki. Legenda of Zolotom Drakone (Kikoriki. Legend of the Golden Dragon), the second feature-length installment in the animated Kikoriki franchise, debuted in second place, grossing $1.7 million. The film was directed by Denis Chernov and is being distributed by Universal.
Dmitry Dyachenko’s family comedy SuperBobrovs opened at No. 3 with $1.68 million.
The Divergent Series: Allegiant slipped to the fourth spot, taking in another $1.2 million for a cume of $5 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day