- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ryan Lochte’s year could still end on a positive note.
The U.S. swimmer may have seen his trip to Rio end in disgrace following the debacle over false claims he had been robbed at gunpoint, and his PR healing shimmy on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars suffered a stage invasion by protestors on the first night, but the 12-time Olympic medalist is now lining up his Hollywood debut.
It was announced Tuesday that the athlete is set to star in A Little Something for Your Birthday, joining Sharon Stone, Tony Goldwyn, Famke Janssen and Ellen Burstyn.
Directed and written by Susan Walter, the film is now in production and sees Stone playing an aspiring fashion designer struggling to escape the clutches of her overbearing, co-dependent mother, played by Burstyn. Meanwhile, Goldwyn’s sexy, sophisticated attorney arrives on the scene to capture her heart.
Rob Carliner, Eric Brenner, Gary Preisler and Matthew Brady will produce, with Cinetel Films repping worldwide rights. The film will be introduced to buyers at AFM in November.
Lochte is represented by lawyer Jeff Ostrow of Kopelowitz, Ostrow, Ferguson, Weiselberg Gilbert and manager Shawn Zenga.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day