- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Up-and-coming actress Stephanie Szostak in negotiations to play the female lead opposite Ryan Reynolds in Universal’s supernatural action movie RIPD based on the Dark Horse comic.
Robert Schwentke is directing the project, which follows a murdered cop (Reynolds) who is recruited to work in the Rest in Peace Department, a police force comprised of ghosts who battle spirits unready to depart this world. Jeff Bridges is playing Reynolds’ ghostly partner.
Szostak will play Reynolds’ wife who can sense that he is still around and to whom he is trying to communicate with in regards to his murder.
Neal Moritz and Mike Richardson are producing. David Dobkin, Keith Goldberg and Ori Marmur are exec producing.
The movie is eying a September start in Boston.
French-born Szostak has appeared in The Devil Wears Prada and Dinner for Schmucks. Szostak, repped by UTA, Principal Entertainment and attorney Ken Richman, also plays Matt Damon’s wife in the upcoming Fox drama We Bought a Zoo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day