- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two actors, who previously worked together in the ill-fated 2009 film X-Men Origins – Wolverine, are appearing in ads for each others respective companies. Jackman is promoting Reynolds’ Aviation Gin, while Reynolds is plugging Jackman’s Laughing Man Coffee.
The duo have been trolling each other online for some time (with Reynolds even using the Deadpool 2 post-credits scene to take a jab at X-Men: Origins). In November, Reynolds recorded an attack-ad style spot mocking Jackman’s The Frontrunner, in which the Australian actor plays disgraced presidential candidate Gary Hart. Jackman responded in kind a few weeks later with his own attack-style ad, this time mocking Reynolds and Once Upon a Deadpool, the PG-13 re-release of Deadpool 2.
As you can see below, both men took the job of creating an ad for the other with varying levels of seriousness.
Reynolds, Jackman and George Dewey wrote the script for the ads, with Bryan Rowland serving as director, DP and editor. The ads are from production company Escape Velocity. Other creatives behind the ads include art director Kelly Girth and producer Alec Eskander.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day