- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Monday is Josh Brolin’s birthday and Deadpool 2 star Ryan Reynolds wasn’t going to miss a chance to celebrate with a great Merc with a Mouth troll.
Reynolds posted on Instragram a Norman Rockwell-esque portrait of Deadpool drawing Brolin’s Cable — the catch is although Cable is modeling, Deadpool is drawing Bolin’s Goonies character, Brand.
“Happy Birthday, Bright Eye. You don’t taste a day over 40,” Reynolds wrote.
This is the second time Goonies has been a part of the Deadpool fare for the highly-anticipated upcoming sequel.
In the most recent trailer, toward the end, Wade Wilson is wearing the same Hawaiian-style shirt Chunk sports in the 1980’s classic.
In addition to Reynolds and Brolin, Deadpool 2 stars newcomers Zazie Beetz (Domino) and Julian Dennison, as well as returning castmembers Morena Baccarin (Vanessa), T.J. Miller (Weasel), Stefan Kapicic (Colossus), Brianna Hildebrand (Negasonic Teenage Warhead), Leslie Uggams (Blind Al) and Karan Soni (Dopinder).
Fox is releasing Deadpool 2 on May 18, two weeks after the birthday boy Brolin can be seen as bad guy Thanos in Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War.
A post shared by Ryan Reynolds (@vancityreynolds) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day