- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“My parents who taught me to work my hardest and never be an asshole,” she said. (TBS bleeped out the profanity.) “It’s never acceptable.”
She also called out her competitors.
“To all the actresses in this category, I am so humbled to be among you,” she said.
Touting SAG, she said, “I’ve been working since I was 11 years old. You made sure I wasn’t working too long, madure sure I got my education while I was working. I’m so grateful to have this union protecting me every day.”
Lastly, Portman named her co-stars Mila Kunis, Barbara Hershey, Vincent Cassel, Winona Ryder, director Darren Aronofsky, “whom I love so much,” and fiance Benjamin Millepied (with whom she is expecting her first child), who had a bit role in the film and choreographed it.
At the Golden Globe awards earlier this month, Portman also gave a PG-13 rated speech, joking that Millepied “definitely wanted to sleep with [her]” despite his line otherwise in Black Swan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day